"A Cape Cod visit without the gloves and boots."
Planning a banquet? Contact us for all the details or click below.
Fish Purchasing Policy
At Bluewater our ultimate goal is to use only fish as selected by the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Program as Best Choices or Good Alternatives or appproved by other certified NGO's. Currently, the fish we purchase is selected in order to fit criteria of sustainability, environmental impact and ethical/best practices harvest guidelines. Industry is rapidly moving towards achieving certification to gain approval for fisheries and farming operations to meet environmental standards for well-managed and sustainable fisheries with organizations like Seafood Watch, Blue Ocean Institute, Marine Strewardship Council and other non-governmental orrganizations. As a result, Bluewater Grill is working closely with its vendors to meet 100% of its objectives in 2013. In addition, Bluewater Grill is participating in the Aquarium of the Pacific's "Seafood for the Future" Program promoting sales of sustainable seafood.
Our Purchasing Policy Implementation Criteria for Year End 2014
- To use fish from sustainable fisheries predominately certified by MSC/MBA (Monterrey Bay Aquarium)
- To aim for all our suppliers to be certified by MSC/MBA
- To not purchase fish during their spawning season
- To use fish caught by sustainable methods as laid out by MSC/MBA. (i.e. Harpooned, Hook & Line, etc)
- To purchase aquaculture shellfish and fish from the best quality, certified operations.
Our suppliers are selected on the grounds that they have a sustainable approach to purchasing from fishermen whose fish must come from fisheries using environmentally responsible harvesting methods.
We choose species that we are confident are sustainable in the area from which they are harvested.
Our goal is to ensure that we are protecting the future of our fish, our suppliers, and our business.