News + Events
Stay in the loop. We love to share new menus, community events, and our favourite tastings — from seasonal specials and wine to oysters and holiday features!
- May 24, 2018A sustainable and delicious weekend getaway to Santa Barbara with Gratitude Gourmet, and Bluewater is first on the list. Click through to read more.
- May 22, 2018Check us out on the KKFX Fox11 Morning show! Our Santa Barbara duo, GM Colin Lohenry and Chef Jason Mazur present our New England Lobster Clambake, and show us how to crack into the lobster. Click through to watch the video.
- April 23, 2018We were happy to have Trailing Away join us for a meal! Connoisseurs for travel and outdoor adventures, they enjoyed a relaxing getaway to Catalina Island. So if you're planning your own getaway, check out their recommendations, which includes a must-visit to Bluewater Avalon! Click through to read the full article.
- January 4, 2018We're stoked to be part of the Carlsbad Village community, and starting this year off with a bang! Click through to the link to check us out in the digital issue of Carlsbad Magazine. Page 52, in particular.
- December 20, 2017Bluewater Grill Santa Barbara will be donating to the Thomas Fire Fund when we open in January. Proceeds will go to support residents and first responders impacted by the fire.
- October 14, 2017We're unveiling a new menu by the fantastic celebrity chef Melissa d'Arabian! Star of TV’s “Next Food Network Star” and “Ten Dollar Dinners”, Melissa has created a "Grains & Greens Menu” based on our famous sustainable seafood.
- September 27, 2017Check us out in Noozhawk, a news outlet for Santa Barbara! Click through to read the full article.
- July 6, 2017Bluewater Grill Phoenix made the Top 10 seafood restaurants in Arizona, based on public voting for Ranking Arizona, the state’s biggest and most comprehensive business opinion poll. Ranking Arizona is based purely on opinion and ranks companies based how voters answer this simple question: with whom would you recommend doing business? Thank you Phoenix residents!
- June 30, 2017We're on the Zagat list for The Best Eating & Drinking on Catalina Island! Seafood, cocktails, sunset happy hours and sweet treats — what's not to love? Click through to read the full article and list.
- May 11, 2017Sunset Magazine lists Bluewater Avalon as one of eight reasons to visit Catalina Island, and we couldn't agree more! Come taste our famous house made clam chowder while enjoying beautiful waterfront views.